ORION’s secondary DNS, powered by D-Zone Anycast DNS, is an included service offered exclusively to all connected institutions.
D-Zone is a world-class anycast DNS infrastructure with a strong Canadian presence. The service is comprised of two clouds spanning 13 locations worldwide with a European node that peers to six additional Internet Exchange Points (IXP). As a secondary service, organizations are able to improve network performance and redundancy while continuing to manage the primary DNS safe behind a corporate firewall or with the vendor of their choice.
- 24 Anycast servers peered to over 2,300 networks to provide a 100% uptime service level agreement (SLA)
- Two transit providers, two hardware and software stacks and separate management network to keep you online
- DDoS attacks are managed 24×7 by CIRA’s cybersecurity team
- D-Zone Anycast DNS is monitored 24 hours a day by CIRA’s networking and DNS experts
- Hourly, daily, and monthly reports by zone let you analyze your DNS traffic
For more information:
- ORION Offers Complimentary Cloud Service from CIRA D-Zone Anycast DNS – news release
- How CIRA supports ORION partners with D-Zone Anycast Secondary DNS – presentation
- Protecting Ontario’s Education System – Simcoe County District School Board (SCDSB) case study