ORION is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to empowering Ontario researchers, educators and innovators. We foster a community of more than two million users at more than a hundred universities, colleges, hospitals and research institutions, as well as the majority of Ontario’s school boards. We enable ground-breaking discoveries and cutting-edge education by connecting institutions and regions through our network, facilitating collaboration, and providing our community with the digital tools and expert support they need to make the world a better place.
As pioneers of cybersecurity thought leadership in Canada’s research and education sector, ORION is committed to keeping our digital community safe by helping improve their cybersecurity posture.
As a workplace, ORION has a culture of inclusion, mutual respect, and teamwork. Equity and Diversity are an integral part of our commitment to innovation, connectivity and community. We encourage applicants from women, persons with disabilities*, Indigenous peoples, racialized people, and others who may contribute to the further evolution of our network.
- This position reports directly to the Controller
Salary and Benefits
- $20/hr, 7.5 hours per week, 7 weeks
- Flexible work-from-home policy
- Career-training and Development
- Many other perks….
- Update and maintain Capital Asset Database
- Electronic filing, data entry, and recording and maintaining accurate and complete financial records.
- Assisting with invoice entries, account reconciliations, calculating journal entries and ad-hoc analysis.
- Working with Sage bookkeeping software.
- Handling sensitive or confidential information with honesty and integrity.
- Learning how to work as part of the Accounting team to compile and analyze data, track information, and support the company.
- Taking on additional tasks or projects to learn more about accounting and office operations.
- Recent graduate or actively working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s in Accounting.
- Satisfactory completion of introductory accounting courses.
- Be able to demonstrate a good understanding of accounting and financial principles.
Knowledge and Skills
- Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Analytical skills.
- Aptitude for math, proficiency with computers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with a high level of efficiency and accuracy.
- Motivated to take on new challenges and learn as much as possible.
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: CSJ – ORION Accounting Clerk
* Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.