ORION is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to empowering Ontario researchers, educators and innovators. We foster a community of more than two million users at more than a hundred universities, colleges, hospitals and research institutions, as well as the majority of Ontario’s school boards. We enable ground-breaking discoveries and cutting-edge education by connecting institutions and regions through our network, facilitating collaboration, and providing our community with the digital tools and expert support they need to make the world a better place.
We work with a broad range of people and groups in universities, colleges, research labs and institutes, hospitals and health research facilities, innovation support organizations, school boards, government, and private companies, so we must understand and manage a diversity of viewpoints, positions and interests.
As a key member of the ORION team, the Community Development Manager is responsible for maintaining the base and satisfying the needs of the constituents leveraging ORION’s digital infrastructure where appropriate. The successful candidate will also nurture existing and new relationships with the administrative decision-makers and technology users and act as the point person to support existing and identify opportunities where ORION could assist and to address their questions and expectations of ORION.
This position will provide the right individual with an opportunity to work with a dynamic team of professionals in the heart of downtown Toronto, and to interact with leaders from Ontario’s research, education and innovation sectors.
Reporting to the Director, Community Development, this individual will help ORION grow its business and add value for its customers and key stakeholders.
Key Performance Metrics and Responsibilities
Must have demonstrable accomplishments in:
- Selling a technology-enabled solution to or developing new business leads for mid-sized and large organizations
- Working with and understanding the needs of public sector organizations such as higher education, K-12, libraries, research communities, teaching and research hospitals would be an asset
- Prioritizing opportunities to concentrate on high potential prospects
- Responding to RFPs and preparing business cases
- Communicating complex issues to senior officials from the public and private sectors
- Exercising initiative, judgment and decision-making
- Strong stakeholder/customer service orientation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (listening, verbal and written) skills to foster an atmosphere of teamwork, professionalism, and respect
- Good knowledge and background of telecommunications and networks and information technologies
- Multitasking and building relationships
- A university degree/college diploma in an IT-related field
- Increase the number of quality connections on ORION social networks, email list, and in our customer relationship management database, further establishing ORION as a trusted partner and advocate in the research, education and innovation community in Ontario
- Increase views of identified key thought leadership pieces to demonstrate awareness of ORION’s role as an advocate
- Meet event objectives for engaging strategic community partners, including government
Skills and Competencies
- Customer management and relationship building
- Persistent and creative
- Well-spoken and able to convey a professional image and confident attitude
- Can quickly build rapport with key decision-makers
- A proactive and consultative approach to solving problems and furthering opportunities
- Working knowledge of MS office suite of products
- Being bilingual is definitely an asset
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org