ORION is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to empowering Ontario researchers, educators and innovators. We foster a community of 1.7 million users at more than a hundred universities, colleges, hospitals and research institutions, school boards and regional innovation centres across the province. We enable ground-breaking discoveries and cutting-edge education by connecting institutions and regions through our network, facilitating collaboration and providing our community with the digital tools and expert support they need to make the world a better place.
As pioneers of cybersecurity thought leadership in Canada’s research and education sector, ORION is committed to keeping our digital community safe by helping improve their cybersecurity posture.
As a workplace, ORION has a culture of inclusion, mutual respect and teamwork. Equity and diversity are an integral part of our commitment to innovation, connectivity and community. We encourage applicants from women, persons with disabilities*, Indigenous peoples, racialized people and others who may contribute to the further evolution of our network.
The successful applicant will be part of the Marketing and Communications team at ORION. They will marry their knowledge of writing and editing with digital tools and online communities to create persuasive, engaging content. Through written materials, they will be responsible for increasing our brand awareness and supporting and improving community relationships. They will curate engaging, relevant content and communicate through various digital channels while gaining significant experience in digital marketing and communications in a not-for-profit organization.
You will have an opportunity to work with a dynamic team of professionals at a non-profit organization, and to interact with leaders from Ontario’s institutions and education sectors.
This position reports directly to the Director, Marketing and Communications
Salary and Benefits
- $20/hr, 37.5hrs per week for 7 weeks
- Flexible work-from-home policy
- Career-training and development
- Many other perks
- Work with Marketing and Communications as well as Product Marketing to aggregate data from ORION’s communications tools including our website, email, and social media.
- Gather and analyze ORION data, leveraging appropriate reporting methodologies to improve data-driven decision making
- Recommend and implement reporting methodologies for efficiently providing useful ongoing data from our website using Google Analytics
- Leverage Google Webmaster or other tools to assess and recommend tactics for improve search performance
- Run and manage reports on status of ORION’s stakeholder relations
- Create report templates for efficient and consistent data management and reporting
- Gather and analyze rural, remote connectivity data in Ontario, coordinating production of said report
- Create data visualizations
- Create reports demonstrating gaps in data quality to enable opportunities for improvement in ORION’s CRM, and recommend processes for ongoing efficient maintenance
- Maintain and expand a Salesforce dashboard to visualize stakeholder engagement and communications data
- Other tasks as assigned by Supervisor
Key Performance Metrics
- Clear reporting on communication channel success rates over time and interpretation thereof
- Identify how to increase the number of quality connections on ORION social networks, email list, and in our customer relationship management database, further establishing ORION as a trusted partner and advocate in the research, education and innovation community in Ontario
- Improved contact data quality
- Identify how to increase views of identified key thought leadership pieces to demonstrate awareness of ORION’s role as an advocate
- Experience using social media platform analytics, including but not limited to:
- LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube as well
- Experience with:
- Google Analytics and webmaster, mailchimp email reporting and Salesforce CRM or similar
- Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) Experience
Knowledge and Skills
- Well-developed analytical skills, leading to sound decisions based on organizational strategy
- A solid understanding of the research, education and innovation sector and/or digital infrastructure sector is an asset
- Well-developed relationship building and management skills
- Ability to write and editing text as well as create basic visualizations
- Strong team player with ability to understand and present varying viewpoints for multiple stakeholders
- Attention to detail with the ability to multi-task
- Fearless attitude towards technology and willing to learn: Self-motivated, innovative
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: CSJ – ORION Data Miner
* Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process