ORION is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to empowering Ontario researchers, educators, and innovators. We foster a community of more than two million users at more than a hundred universities, colleges, hospitals and research institutions, as well as the majority of Ontario’s school boards. We enable ground-breaking discoveries and cutting-edge education by connecting institutions and regions through our network, facilitating collaboration, and providing our community with the digital tools and expert support they need to make the world a better place.
The successful applicant will marry their knowledge of digital tools and online communities with a flair for writing persuasive, engaging content. You will be responsible for increasing our brand awareness, supporting and improving community relationships, driving website traffic by curating engaging, relevant content and communicating through various digital channels while gaining significant experience in digital marketing and communications in a non-profit organization.
- Work with the Director, Marketing and Communications to aggregate and/or create content for the website, email and social media
- Sales Forces tasks as assigned by manager which includes: updating contact information and email consent, creating campaign lists and metric reports
- Graphic creation for all ORION online properties including: ORION and THINK website, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.
- Creation of emails for various campaigns through MailChimp
- Other marketing activities as assigned by manager
Reporting Relationship: This position reports directly to the Director, Marketing and Communications
Working Hours: 100 upaid hours to be distributed between dates of internship
Potential Key Performance Metrics:
- Increase website traffic to identified key destinations to demonstrate brand awareness
- Achieving benchmarked open- and click-through-rates on email campaigns
- Meet event attendance targets, ensuring greater engagement with our target community
Knowledge and Skills Desired:
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Understanding of basic image editing
- Understanding of various social media platforms, including but not limited to: LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter & YouTube
- Fearless attitude towards technology and a willingness to learn
- Passionate about marketing communications and actively engaged in it (especially social media)
- Must be comfortable with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint)
- Analytical skills
- Ability to ask for help in order to make sound decisions
- Salesforce, MailChimp, WordPress and Google Analytics experience would be an asset
Please apply at email@example.com