ORION is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to empowering Ontario researchers, educators and innovators. We foster a community of more than two million users at more than a hundred universities, college, hospitals and research institutions, as well as most of Ontario’s school boards. We enable ground-breaking discoveries and cutting-edge education by connecting institutions and regions through our network, facilitating collaboration, and providing our community with the digital tools and expert support they need to make the world a better place.
As Ontario’s backbone of innovation ORION has a unique mandate that bridges public and private sector interests through its operation of Ontario’s advanced research, education and innovation network. ORION is dedicated exclusively to supporting and enhancing the collaboration and innovation capabilities of Ontario’s researchers, educators, scientists, innovators and learners. This means working with a broad range of people and groups in universities, colleges, research labs and institutes, hospitals and health research facilities, innovation support organizations, school boards, government, and private companies and having to understand and manage a diversity of viewpoints, positions and interests.
We are looking for a driven Financial Administrator with a good understanding of GAAP and financial principles. The Financial Administrator will preform various tasks, including; accounting duties, financial analysis administrative support. The candidate should be proficient in Microsoft Excel, bookkeeping software and database maintenance. You should be a motivated team player who can maintain efficiency and accuracy when multitasking.
To be a strong candidate for the position, you should possess an understanding of accounting and financial principles and a positive attitude. You should be collaborative, trustworthy, receptive to feedback, and eager to learn.
Key Accounting Financial Administrator Responsibilities:
- Accounting activities, including; accounts receivable, accounts payable, journal entries, review and process reimbursements, banking and reconciliations.
- Purchasing and procurement activities, serving as a liaison with suppliers and maintaining an internal purchasing database.
- Administer and co-ordinate new customer connections and delivery of new services.
- Contract administration; administer contracts and maintain a contract record database.
- File management, including organization and maintenance of electronic files.
- Perform ad-hoc financial analysis.
- Populate financial reports, prepare various schedules and reconciliations.
- Office administration.
- Assist with working papers and supporting documentation for annual audit.
- Handling sensitive or confidential information with honesty and integrity.
Financial Administrator Requirements:
- Minimum two years Financial Administrator or accounting experience.
- Knowledge of financial controls and processes.
- Strong work ethic and self-starter who can independently identify, quickly analyze, communicate and solve problems.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Undergraduate degree in Business or Finance.
- Be able to demonstrate a good understanding of accounting and financial principles.
Knowledge and Skills Desired:
- Microsoft Office Suite (Excel (pivot tables and look-ups), Word and PowerPoint).
- Bookkeeping software, including ERP and Salesforce CRM.
- Analytical skills.
- Aptitude for math, proficiency with computers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with a high level of efficiency and accuracy.
- Motivated to take on new challenges and learn as much as possible.
Reporting Relationship: This position reports directly to the VP of Finance.
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org