ORION is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to empowering Ontario researchers, educators and innovators. We foster a community of more than two million users at more than a hundred universities, college, hospitals and research institutions, as well as most of Ontario’s school boards. We enable ground-breaking discoveries and cutting-edge education by connecting institutions and regions through our network, facilitating collaboration, and providing our community with the digital tools and expert support they need to make the world a better place.
As Ontario’s backbone of innovation ORION has a unique mandate that bridges public and private sector interests through its operation of Ontario’s advanced research, education and innovation network. ORION is dedicated exclusively to supporting and enhancing the collaboration and innovation capabilities of Ontario’s researchers, educators, scientists, innovators and learners. This means working with a broad range of people and groups in universities, colleges, research labs and institutes, hospitals and health research facilities, innovation support organizations, school boards, government, and private companies and having to understand and manage a diversity of viewpoints, positions and interests.
Reporting to the Director of Network Operations, the systems analyst will be a technical and infrastructure subject matter expert, ensuring proper planning, coordination, implementation, and management of all activities related to the support of Infrastructure and tools in the production environment.
The systems analyst will lead and manage Infrastructure deployment, upgrades, monitoring and reporting of all production resources as well as capacity planning, insights, and provide technical support for all Infrastructure and tools to ensure stability, reliability, scalability and operational efficiency.
This role is for those with technical troubleshooting and previous industry experience only.
Primary responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining, upgrading and monitoring end-point protection, application and systems
- Support employees with deskside technical support as required to address IT concerns; resolving or preventing recurrence of technical problems
- Oversee the day to day operations, support, and maintenance of the office IT network, systems and infrastructure.
- Manage Identities and Access for ORION managed applications, operating systems and servers on premises, within our data center and in the cloud
- Apply updates and patches to VMware, SAN, Microsoft Infrastructure (Active directory) and other in scope servers and applications, in compliance with the security advisories and alerts shared by the vendors, CISO, Canadian Center of Cybersecurity and other threat intelligence sources
- Maintain disaster recovery and business continuity plans and help coordinate annual DR testing
- Performing security risk assessments and vulnerability scans
- Maintain a backup and restoration testing regime in line with the business continuity and disaster recovery strategy
- Work closely with the Senior security Analyst and the CISO to respond to security-related issues, including reporting, investigating and resolving security breaches and implementing safeguards, countermeasures
- Ensure compliance with IT and Security policies and timely remediation of any items highlighted in the security scorecard, security audit and vulnerability assessment.
- Maintenance of published documentation for technical procedures, policies, and standard processes related to Service Desk and IT support
- Log all service requests into the IT Service Management Tool
- Responsible for accuracy into the IT Service Management Tool
- Manage Inventory of all IT Assets in consultations with the facilities personnel
- Provide technical inputs and advice in support of ORION support systems strategy and architecture, aligned with business and community needs.
- Highly proficient in configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting Dell storage Area Networks (SAN).
- Strong understanding of SharePoint, with the ability to create objects and workflows.
- Advanced knowledge in designing, configuring and maintaining VMware ESXi environment
- Knowledge and experience of configuring and maintaining Microsoft Windows Servers roles and Active directory environments.
- Good understanding of IP networking concepts and protocols.
- Strong experience of managing hybrid cloud environment (Azure, etc.)
- Thorough understanding and working knowledge of Palo Alto next generation firewall and IPS.
- Strong understanding and technical knowledge of Veeam backup and Replication server.
- Working knowledge of security tools such as Cisco AMP, Cisco Umbrella, Zeek, & Nessus.
- Ability to work independently with limited direction at most times
- Excellent planning, prioritization and organizational skills; as well as project management skills.
- University degree, or College diploma in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration and/or equivalent related experienced
- Minimum 5+ years in the IT infrastructure operations
- Certification such as CCNP, MCSE, PCNSE and VCP a must
- Certifications such as CISSP, CCSP are an asset
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org