ORION is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to empowering Ontario researchers, educators and innovators. We foster a community of 1.7 million users at more than a hundred universities, colleges, hospitals and research institutions, school boards and regional innovation centres across the province. We enable ground-breaking discoveries and cutting-edge education by connecting institutions and regions through our network, facilitating collaboration and providing our community with the digital tools and expert support they need to make the world a better place.
As pioneers of cybersecurity thought leadership in Canada’s research and education sector, ORION is committed to keeping our digital community safe by helping improve their cybersecurity posture.
As a workplace, ORION has a culture of inclusion, mutual respect and teamwork. Equity and diversity are an integral part of our commitment to innovation, connectivity and community. We encourage applicants from women, persons with disabilities*, Indigenous peoples, racialized people and others who may contribute to the further evolution of our network.
The successful applicant will be part of the Marketing and Communications team at ORION. They will marry their knowledge of writing and editing with digital tools and online communities to create persuasive, engaging content. Through written materials, they will be responsible for increasing our brand awareness and supporting and improving community relationships. They will curate engaging, relevant content and communicate through various digital channels while gaining significant experience in digital marketing and communications in a not-for-profit organization.
You will have an opportunity to work with a dynamic team of professionals at a non-profit organization, and to interact with leaders from Ontario’s institutions and education sectors.
- This position reports directly to the Director, Marketing and Communications
Salary and Benefits
- $20/hr, 37.5hrs per week for 7 weeks
- Flexible work-from-home policy
- Career-training and development
- Many other perks
- Work with the Director, Marketing and Communications, the Marketing Manager, Policy and Stakeholder Analyst and Senior Program Manager for Product Marketing to aggregate, edit or create content for the website, email and social media
- Use Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube to engage our community – specifically in the research, education and innovation sector
- Apply integrated marketing techniques including SEO, email, website, social media, presentation and other materials, as well as contact management to incite action, including registrations and purchases
- Assist with target audience analysis, recommending strategies for engagement
- Maintain the editorial calendar, including marketing and communications plan tactics, updating frequently and planning content to align with themes
- Write and edit website content, blogs, releases, success stories and social media
- Create simple graphical assets for emails, social media and other materials
- Develop a new success story or case study template
- Other activities as assigned by Supervisor
Key Performance Metrics
- Increase the number of quality connections on ORION social networks, further establishing ORION as a trusted partner and advocate in the research, education and innovation community in Ontario
- Increase website traffic to identified key destinations to demonstrate brand awareness
- Achieve benchmarked open- and click-through-rates on email campaigns
- Image editing experience
- Experience with WordPress, Google Analytics, MailChimp and Salesforce or similar
- Experience in marketing, ideally in product marketing
- Education: recent graduate or actively working towards degree or diploma in Marketing and/or Communications
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Passionate about and experienced in digital marketing best practices and actively engaged online
- Fearless attitude towards technology and a willingness to learn
- A familiarity with and interest in the research, education and innovation sector and/or digital infrastructure sector
- Strong team player, willing to “pitch in”
- Attention to detail with the ability to multi-task
- Self-motivated, organized and innovative
- In-depth understanding of marketing techniques for social media platforms, including but not limited to: LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube
- Must be comfortable with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Analytical skills used to make decisions
Please apply to email@example.com with subject line: CSJ – ORION Marketing Co-Ordinator
* Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.