As pioneers of cybersecurity thought leadership in Canada’s research and education sector, ORION is committed to keeping our digital community safe by helping improve their cybersecurity posture.
In 2019, ORION helped establish the Ontario Cybersecurity Higher Education Consortium (ON-CHEC). This consortium now includes 35 member institutions (Colleges and Universities) from both Ontario and Nova Scotia. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work collaboratively with IT and cybersecurity professionals across Ontario, Canada, and around the world.
ORION is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to empowering Ontario researchers, educators, and innovators. We support and enable a community of more than two million users at more than a hundred of Ontario’s universities, college, hospitals, and research institutions, and school boards. We enable ground-breaking discoveries and cutting-edge education by connecting institutions and regions through our network, facilitating collaboration, and providing our community with the digital tools and expert support they need to make the world a better place.
As a workplace, ORION has a culture of inclusion, mutual respect, and teamwork. We have a flexible work from home policy together with a comprehensive benefits package, and other awesome ORION perks.
What we need:
As a Project Coordinator, Cybersecurity, you have solid communication and project planning skills. You are interested in using your skills and experience to support the higher education community. And you should be willing to develop your skills in the growing domain of cybersecurity.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong organization skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Experience with hosting online meetings (Zoom and/or Microsoft Teams)
- SharePoint administration skills
- Technical report writing and editing skills
- Ability to work remotely, and independently
- A positive attitude
- Willingness to learn new skills – flexibility to take on additional tasks
Even better, you have:
- Project management experience or certification
- Understanding of the higher education environment
- Interest in the cybersecurity domain
- Advanced data analysis skills using Excel or PowerBI
Typical Responsibilities and Duties
- Set-up and manage meetings with ON-CHEC members, including webinars, weekly community meetings, one-on-one meetings and working group sessions.
- Assist in agenda creation, development of meeting materials, and capturing meeting minutes.
- Maintain a schedule and plan for major activities for the cybersecurity team at ORION.
- Track, report status and document progress with respect to the program deliverables, the annual and quarterly plan.
- Consolidate and report results from security assessments performed by the ON-CHEC members.
- Document participation by institutions in ORION supported cybersecurity projects.
Certifications and Education – “Qualifications”
Degree, diploma, or certificate in one or more of the following areas would be an asset:
- Technical writing
- Project management
- Microsoft Office tools
- IT systems
Required certification (or equivalent experience):
- Microsoft Office (Work, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Microsoft SharePoint for Administrators
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org