ORION is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to empowering Ontario researchers, educators, and innovators. We support and enable a community of more than two million users at more than a hundred universities, college, hospitals, and research institutions, as well as most of Ontario’s school boards. We enable ground-breaking discoveries and cutting-edge education by connecting institutions and regions through our network, facilitating collaboration, and providing our community with the digital tools and expert support they need to make the world a better place.
As a workplace, ORION has a culture of inclusion, mutual respect, and teamwork. We have a flexible work from home policy together with a comprehensive benefits package, and other awesome ORION perks.
What we need:
As the Project Coordinator, Product and Programs, you have excellent communication skills and are a great planner and organizer. You are interested in using your skills and experience to support and deliver ORION’s planning, governance processes and New Product Introduction (NPI) delivery. You will play a central role in ensuring projects are completed and products are delivered with excellence and efficiency.
- Strong written, listening, and verbal communication skills
- Strong organization skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, SharePoint)
- Experience with facilitating online meetings (Zoom and/or Microsoft Teams)
- Experience developing then tracking against high level schedules
- Experience in identifying, recording and tracking risks, issues and actions
- Ability to work remotely, and independently
- A positive attitude
- Willingness to learn new skills – flexibility to take on additional tasks
Even better, you have:
- Project management experience or certification
- Program planning and governance experience
- Ability to balance business speak and technology understanding
Typical Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist in agenda creation, support the development of meeting materials, and capture meeting minutes for executive project governance meetings.
- Write and consolidate project status updates then produce weekly project report.
- Track issues, actions and risks, report status and document progress on program deliverables and the NPI process
- Bringing internal cross-functional teams together to develop a high level project schedule, record risks and major milestones, then coordinate, track and provide status updates on the delivery of tasks
Certifications and Education – “Qualifications”
Degree, diploma, or certificate in one or more of the following areas would be an asset:
- Project management
- Project governance and planning
- Product development
Or a combination of Education and experience
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org