ORION is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to empowering Ontario researchers, educators and innovators. We foster a community of more than two million users at more than a hundred universities, colleges, hospitals and research institutions, as well as the majority of Ontario’s school boards. We enable ground-breaking discoveries and cutting-edge education by connecting institutions and regions through our network, facilitating collaboration, and providing our community with the digital tools and expert support they need to make the world a better place.
Our Project Management team supports everything we do – from network upgrades to product launches to internal initiatives; there is an interesting project for you. We are looking for a Project Manager to join ORION’s Project Management Office. In this role, you will be responsible for planning, leading, and reporting on the effective delivery of various business, network and cybersecurity related projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Partnering with stakeholders to develop project scope, schedule and manage costs
- Building the overall project schedule by incorporating and integrating cross functional technical and non-technical teams’ plans and then managing the end to end launch against that schedule
- Managing launch readiness, including marketing, communications and customer/constituent readiness to ensure a great end user experience
- Driving applicable project artifacts such as integrated plans, RAID logs, risk management plans, dashboard, etc.
- Validating the project plan at key intervals with cross-functional primes for alignment and proactive management of project risks, issues and actions
- Actively managing and reporting on project status in a clear and concise manner
Skills and Competencies
- 3+ years end to end project management or facilitation experience in organizations or consulting firms with expertise in MS Office; MS Project preferred
- Working experience in Telco, preferably B2B and/or Network technology (fibre optic/IP) industry projects or programs.
- PMP certification preferred
- Knowledge in PMBOK, Agile, and business analyst skills ideal
- A positive can-do attitude
Please apply to email@example.com