The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work collaboratively with, and learn from, cybersecurity experts in higher education across Ontario, Canada and around the world. You will be responsible for supporting the Ontario Cybersecurity Higher Education Consortium (ON-CHEC) team in fulfilling the mandate of the program while providing required administration, communication, documentation, data analysis knowledge management support.
We are looking for a university or college student in their first, second or third year of studies in computer science, engineering, information technology or related discipline with an interest in cybersecurity.
Key Activities: sample activities below
Work with the ON-CHEC team on the following tasks:
- Weekly briefings with ON-CHEC members: Perform online research for Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE), Security advisories and threats.
- Prepare briefing materials and assist with on-line meeting operations.
- Security guidelines and technical working group meetings: Drafting Security guidelines Document meeting minutes Socializing guidelines with ON-CHEC members
- Security Self Assessment: Consolidation, and compilation of the responses (Using Power BI, Excel and SQL)
- Analysis of the results
- Report Writing
- Validation of findings and scores
- Socializing the final assessment and benchmarking results
- Working with other internal stakeholders to formalize a white paper
This position reports directly to the CISO of ORION
37.5 hours per week during internship/co-op period. Part time hours are possible.
Knowledge and Skills Desired
Samples of skills below but adjusted based on student, placement and work needed done
- Interest in cybersecurity certification
- Must be comfortable with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Analytical skills
- Basic skills SQL and Power BI
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Security Technical Writing and aware of Security Frameworks and standards
- Awareness of the public sector and higher education environment
- Ability to ask for help in order to make sound decisions
Please submit your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
ORION is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to empowering Ontario researchers, educators and innovators. We foster a community of more than two million users at more than a hundred universities, colleges, hospitals and research institutions, as well as the majority of Ontario’s school boards. We enable ground-breaking discoveries and cutting-edge education by connecting institutions and regions through our network, facilitating collaboration, and providing our community with the digital tools and expert support they need to make the world a better place.