ORION is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to empowering Ontario researchers, educators and innovators. We foster a community of more than two million users at more than a hundred universities, colleges, hospitals and research institutions, as well as the majority of Ontario’s school boards. We enable ground-breaking discoveries and cutting-edge education by connecting institutions and regions through our network, facilitating collaboration, and providing our community with the digital tools and expert support they need to make the world a better place.
ORION is seeking an experienced senior IP networking engineer to be responsible for the design, Architecture and effective operation of its core IP network and related services. This position will provide the right individual with an opportunity to work with a team of skilled and collaborative technical professionals in the heart of downtown Toronto, designing, building and managing carrier-grade IP network infrastructure serving our community of researchers, educators and innovators.
To be a successful candidate, you will need to have a strong understanding of network infrastructure and experience managing core IP networks within large Enterprise or Carrier environments. You will also need to be able to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network devices including switches, routers, and firewalls. A deep knowledge of BGP, Communities and service provider multi-homing is essential.
Reporting to the Director, Infrastructure and Operations, this individual will help define ORION’s architectural roadmap, as well as lead the implementation of various network upgrades as we grow our business and add value to our community.
- Designing, planning and implementing L2/L3 network technologies that directly support ORION goals, including provisioning of new members. Includes project technical design in conjunction with stakeholders to ensure requirements and timelines are met.
- Expert in troubleshooting, resolving L2/L3 issues, identifying network / system problems, including simulating production scenarios to test issues in the lab
- Revamping, restructuring, and implementing team-determined system standards, including Operational standards, Sales Engineering standards, H/W and S/W configuration management standards, etc.
- Work with the team to uphold and maintain the network to its highest level of performance and promptly address issues.
Knowledge and Skills
- Certifications: Cisco Certified Internetworking Expert (CCIE) in routing & switching & service provider is essential.
- Network policy management, including expertise in BGP, Communities, service provider multi-homed and routing verification
- Platforms: Cisco CRS and ASR9K / 99K routers, ASR920
- Network management: SNMP, Syslog and NMS tools
- 5 plus years in service provider or large enterprise core networking team
- Network security experience a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Design specification and operating standards documentation
- Collaboration and teamwork; flexibility to enjoy a variety of challenges
Please apply to email@example.com