Incident Management Training is a two-day interactive online workshop that will prepare you to lead critical functions of incident command and communications during IT incidents. Conducted by a team of live instructors from Blackrock 3, the workshop features new tabletop and group exercises about real-life examples in higher education. The comprehensive training will equip you with the skills and knowledge you need to effectively manage incidents at your institution.
Last year in October, we offered Incident Commander Training that provided a foundational overview of incident response. We listened to community feedback and evolved Incident Management Training to be more in-depth and focused on higher education.
Gain hands-on experience to improve your incident recognition and response. With cybersecurity scenarios and tabletop exercises, you will learn how to apply best practices to mitigate risks during an incident. Incident Management Training is designed for cybersecurity and IT professionals who respond to incidents.
Blackrock 3 are seasoned experts with global experience in incident management and critical infrastructure, honed through years of experience leading fire departments, emergency medical services, fibre networks, and data centres.
Who should attend?
- IT administrators, managers, and executives
- Information security administrators, managers, and executives
- Information systems administrators, managers, and executives
- Cybersecurity administrators, managers, and executives
- Anyone in your organization who will be involved in responding to or supporting critical incidents
- History of the Incident Management System (IMS)
- Adaptation of IMS best practices from public safety into IT
- Roles and responsibilities of the Incident Commander, Liaison Officer and Scribe
- Communications briefings using the Conditions, Actions, and Needs (CAN) report
- Human behaviours and situations commonly encountered during incidents
- The incident lifecycle template and After-Action Reviews (AARs)
This is a two-day online workshop. All activity materials, supporting documentation, and a completion certificate are included.
There are no prerequisites for the workshop. Participants should come with a strong desire to learn and participate in the workshop activities.
ORION Community Training offers a unique community learning experience where you can collaborate to solve shared challenges with your peers.
Date: May 9-10, 2023
Time: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm ET
Cost: $1999.00 + HST
ORION Community Training courses are exclusively for ORION constituents. Organizers have the right to restrict access to online resources accordingly.
For more information, please contact email@example.com.