ORION is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to empowering Ontario researchers, educators and innovators. We foster a community of 1.7 million users at more than a hundred universities, colleges, hospitals and research institutions, school boards and regional innovation centres across the province. We enable ground-breaking discoveries and cutting-edge education by connecting institutions and regions through our network, facilitating collaboration and providing our community with the digital tools and expert support they need to make the world a better place.
As pioneers in cybersecurity thought leadership in Canada’s research, education and innovation sectors, ORION is committed to keeping our digital community safe by helping improve their cybersecurity posture.
As a workplace, ORION has a culture of inclusion, mutual respect and teamwork. Equity and diversity are an integral part of our commitment to innovation, connectivity and community. We encourage applicants from women, persons with disabilities*, Indigenous peoples, racialized people and others who may contribute to the further evolution of our network.
- This position reports directly to the CEO of ORION
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary Range: $50-55k base salary
- Additional compensation including:
- Comprehensive benefits package
- RRSP match and Bonus programs
- Career-training and development
- Generous holiday/vacation program
- Flexible work-from-home policy
- Many other perks
- Compose general correspondence on behalf of the President/CEO, edit documentation, and assemble required documentation for meetings and conferences as required.
- Mange schedule of appointments with and obligations to both internal and external contacts
- Maintain daily appointment calendar
- Manage and coordinate logistical aspects of meetings as well as administrative information such as contact lists, reports etc.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders (Marcom/Project coordinators, etc.) to book critical meetings with Executive team/organization (trade conferences, pricing committee etc.)
- Participate in ORION senior management team discussions and decisions on the overall direction and priorities of ORION. Record and distribute minutes of Senior Management meetings.
- Organize, schedule, and provide administrative and logistical support for monthly townhalls (compile agenda, create ppt, schedule, assist with set-up)
- Assist in the organization of the Board of Directors/Board Committee meetings, prepare documentation, liaise with Board Members with regards to meetings, materials, and information requests.
- Assist the Finance Operations team with Facilities Management, as required.
- Assist with the expense reports for the CEO
- Plan, organize, schedule, and book travel, accommodations etc. for the CEO, and provide assistance to the Executive team, as needed.
- Provide direct administrative and office management support to CEO (and Executive team as needed)
- Manage incoming mail; review, evaluate and action
- Support Executive management on issues related to organizational administration, as needed
- Certificate/diploma/degree in Business/Administration and/or experience in Executive Administration
- Expert user in business software including (but not limited to); Outlook/Microsoft Office suite, Zoom, Teams, Salesforce, DocuSign, Doodle Poll, JotForm etc.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong knowledge of general office procedures involving procurement, travel arrangements, budget management, reporting and so on
- Able to write and format moderately complex correspondence including emails, memos, letters etc.
- Superior time management and prioritization skills, multi-tasking skills and the ability to self motivate with minimal supervision
- Ability to interpret and implement organizational policies
- Professional positive and responsive work attitude
- Resourcefulness and flexibility
- Capable of managing a fast-past environment, juggling multiple priorities from different stakeholders
- Previous experience in handling confidential or sensitive information, knowledgeable of applicable data privacy laws
- Able to maintain filing systems and basic databases (analog and digital)
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service orientation
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Executive Assistant to the CEO
* Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.