ORION is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to empowering Ontario researchers, educators and innovators. We foster a community of 1.7 million users at more than a hundred universities, colleges, hospitals and research institutions, school boards and regional innovation centres across the province.
We enable ground-breaking discoveries and cutting-edge education by connecting institutions and regions through our network, facilitating collaboration and providing our community with the digital tools and expert support they need to make the world a better place.
As pioneers of cybersecurity thought leadership in Canada’s research and education sector, ORION is committed to keeping our digital community safe by helping improve their cybersecurity posture.
As a workplace, ORION has a culture of inclusion, mutual respect and teamwork. Equity and diversity are an integral part of our commitment to innovation, connectivity and community. We encourage applicants from women, persons with disabilities*, Indigenous peoples, racialized people and others who may contribute to the further evolution of our network.
- This position reports directly to the Director, Marketing & Communications
Salary and Benefits:
- $20/hr, 37.5hrs per week for 8 weeks
- Flexible hybrid or remote work opportunity
- Career-training and development
- Many other perks
- Undertake thorough competitive analysis and research to support Product Marketing for ORION’s Cybersecurity Programs,
- Establish repeatable processes to document, organize, manage, and share research for ongoing use by cross-functional Business Development / Product Marketing teams
- Contribute to CRM operations by updating data base records,
- Present any ideas you may have for additional methods for ORION to grow and improve its business development/marketing support activities, inspire future campaigns,
- Other activities as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge and Skills Desired:
- Excellent writing and skills
- Fearless attitude towards technology and a willingness to learn
- Must be comfortable with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Salesforce
- Analytical skills
- Knowing when to ask for help in order to make sound decisions
- Must be detail oriented, team player and technologically savvy
- Interest or experience in cybersecurity is an asset
* Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
* Position only available if funding is received
* Not open to international students
* Must be at least a permanent resident
* Must be a current student in a post secondary program, no age limit
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Market Research Intern