November 18, 2019
Date: November 18, 2019
Time: 9:00AM – 4:00PM
Cost: $899.00 + Tax
Location: ARCNet Teaching Room, SOSCIP/Compute Ontario offices, MaRS West Tower,
661 University Avenue, Suite 1140, Toronto
- Breakfast, lunch, snacks, and beverages
- Highly skilled trainer with extensive experience in the research, education and innovation sector
- Activity materials, supporting documentation, and a summary of outcomes for continued practice
This one-day workshop will provide you with the skills, tools, and confidence to communicate effectively across your organization, with both technical and non-technical audiences, helping you to advance your career.
What are communication skills for IT and security pros?
The role of cybersecurity and IT in our organizations continues to grow from what were once considered operational roles to roles of influence and leadership. There is an increasing need to build the capacity of security and IT teams to support this transition.
This workshop will focus on how IT and security teams can combine their technical expertise with exceptional communication skills. It will also allow them to increase their capacity to influence and lead as professionals, within teams and across organizations.
Who should attend?
- IT administrators and managers
- Information security administrators and managers
- Information systems administrators and managers
- Digital security experts
- Anyone in IT or security who want to improve their communication
- Anyone in IT or security who want to move into leadership roles
What will you learn?
Those who attend the workshop will learn to identify, develop, and refine their existing communication skills.
Workshop activities and outcomes will include:
- Recognizing individual communication styles
- Identifying barriers to communicating effectively
- Connecting clearly with a non-technical audience
- Building consensus when making decisions
- Organizing and sharing information effectively for a business audience
This will be a full-day interactive workshop. All activity materials, supporting documentation, and a summary of outcomes and activities for continued practice are included.
There are no prerequisites for the workshop. Participants should come with a strong desire to learn and participate in the workshop activities.