March 17 - 19, 2020
*Please note that this workshop will be rescheduled for a future date.*
Dates: March 17, March 18, March 19
Location: OCAD University, 230 Richmond Street West, Room 322
Time: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm (TBC)
Registration closes: March 9
$2299 + HST: Includes CTIA book (hardcopy), 6 months iLab subscription for CTIA courseware, and exam voucher with remote proctoring service.
$2049 + HST:Includes CTIA book (hardcopy) and 6 months iLab subscription for CTIA courseware.
What is Certified Threat Intelligence Analyst (CTIA)
In the ever-changing threat landscape, C|TIA is an essential program for those who deal with cyber threats on a daily basis.
The CTIA course has been designed and developed in collaboration with cybersecurity and threat intelligence experts across the globe to help organizations identify and mitigate business risks by converting unknown internal and external threats into known threats.
It is a comprehensive, specialist-level program that teaches a structured approach for building effective threat intelligence and is compliant to government and industry published frameworks.
C|TIA maps 100 percent to the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE) in the category Analyze and specialty area Threat/Warning Analyst (TWA), as well as the CREST Certified Threat Intelligence Manager (CC TIM).
Who should attend?
- Individuals responsible for threat response or systems administration working within University or College IT teams
- Mid-level to high-level cybersecurity professionals with a minimum of two years’ experience
- Individuals from the information security profession who want to enrich their skills and knowledge in the field of cyber threat intelligence
- Individuals interested in preventing cyber threats
- Introduction to threat intelligence
- Cyber threats and kill chain methodology
- Requirements, planning, direction, and review
- Data collection and processing
- Data analysis
- Intelligence reporting and dissemination
What are the outcomes of this course?
- The ability to prepare and run a threat intelligence program that allows evidence-based knowledge and provides actionable advice about existing and unknown threats
- Ensure that organizations have predictive capabilities rather than just proactive measures beyond active defense mechanism
- Empower information security professionals with the skills to develop a professional, systematic, and repeatable real-life threat intelligence program
- Differentiate threat intelligence professionals from other information security professionals
The course is delivered in a compressed three-day in-classroom format.
More than 40 percent of class time is dedicated to the learning of practical skills, and this is achieved through EC-Council labs. Theory to practice ratio for C|TIA program is 60:40, providing students with a hands-on experience of the latest threat intelligence tools, techniques, methodologies, frameworks, scripts, etc. C|TIA comes integrated with labs to emphasize the learning objectives.
Participants will be prepared to challenge the Certified Threat Intelligence Analyst Certification exam by EC-Council.EC-Council is a world leader in cyber security and this credential is an industry-recognized certification.
There are no prerequisites for the workshop. Participants should come with a strong desire to learn and participate in the workshop activities.