ORION is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to empowering Ontario researchers, educators and innovators. We foster a community of 1.7 million users at more than a hundred universities, colleges, hospitals and research institutions, school boards and regional innovation centres across the province. We enable ground-breaking discoveries and cutting-edge education by connecting institutions and regions through our network, facilitating collaboration and providing our community with the digital tools and expert support they need to make the world a better place.
As pioneers of cybersecurity thought leadership in Canada’s research and education sector, ORION is committed to keeping our digital community safe by helping improve their cybersecurity posture.
As a workplace, ORION has a culture of inclusion, mutual respect and teamwork. Equity and diversity are integral to our commitment to innovation, connectivity and community. We encourage applicants from women, persons with disabilities*, Indigenous peoples, racialized people and others who may contribute to the further evolution of our network.
About the Role:
We are looking for a detail-oriented and strategically minded senior financial analyst to join our finance team. The senior financial analyst’s responsibilities include assisting with financial planning and budgeting processes, analyzing financial statements and reports, developing financial models, preparing projections, and performing research and analysis as may be required by leadership. As a senior financial analyst, you will also be responsible for providing project teams with financial guidance and assisting with monthly close processes.
To be successful as a senior financial analyst, you should be able to perform a variety of financial activities including planning, analysis, budgeting, and reporting. You should also have strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills and be able to present financial information and models in a concise and easily comprehensible manner.
- This position reports directly to the VP, Finance and Operations
Salary and Benefits:
- Flexible work-from-home policy
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Career-training and development
- Generous holidays/vacation
- Many other awesome perks
- Reviewing and analyzing financial statements and reports.
- Preparing and/or reviewing appropriate ledger entries and reconciliations
- Maintaining the general ledger system
- Preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements
- Assisting with budgeting and monthly close processes
- Assisting with payroll and benefit administration
- Interpret liability, insurance requirements and other contract provisions
- Assisting with Enterprise Risk Management
- Tracking KPIs and preparing financial reports
- Understanding key business drivers
- Assisting project teams with financial guidance
- Developing financial projections and building financial models
- Performing research and analysis as required
- Ensuring compliance with financial guidelines, company policies, and relevant legal regulations
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or a related field and accounting designation (CPA)
- 5+ years of experience in financial planning, analysis, and modeling
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to present financial information to a non-financial audience
- Working knowledge of financial strategies
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Detail-oriented and able to perform in a high-pressure environment
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Oracle (NetSuite), or related financial systems
Please send resumes to email@example.com with the subject line: ORION – Senior Financial Analyst
*Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.