ORION constituents can take advantage of video conferencing software-as-a-service with Kaltura and BlueJeans. ORION has signed an agreement to enable Ontario’s research education institutions to access both Kaltura, the video experience cloud, and BlueJeans, the cloud-based video conferencing service. This is part of a national procurement agreement through Canada’s National Research and Education Network (NREN) to offer cloud-based video conferencing to all members of the NREN, including ORION constituents.
Kaltura’s Education Video Cloud is a single platform purposely built to power real-time, live and video on demand experiences for online programs and virtual learning. The Kaltura Education Video Cloud includes a range of products for virtual classrooms, lecture capture, webinars, live events and student outreach — all designed to create engaging, personalized and accessible experiences on campus and beyond.
- Virtual Classroom — A real-time virtual classroom and web conferencing solution designed and developed for educators. Persistent rooms with advanced moderation, controls, collaborative tools like whiteboard, content playlists, breakout rooms, live quizzing, recording and HD video sharing
- LMS Integration — Create course video galleries, video assignments, interactive videos, track student engagement and access virtual classrooms with Kaltura’s seamless integration into the LMS
- Media Portal — Branded media hub for sharing videos, recordings and live events securely and at scale to the community inside and outside of your institution
- Live Streaming — Broadcast every event of any size from athletics to guest lectures and presidential addresses. Quickly create new live events and stream to an unlimited audience
- Lecture Capture — Live stream and record any class on campus. Compatible with lecture capture hardware and PCs. Schedule in advance or capture on the fly and automatically publish to your LMS
- Training and adoption services
- 24/7 support
BlueJeans by Verizon provides high-fidelity video-based virtual learning, meetings and events. For higher education, BlueJeans offers a rich set of distance learning features that eliminate distractions, boost note-taking abilities, and improve group discussion to ensure that the virtual classroom is an effective learning environment.
- See/hear everyone on HD Video + Dolby Audio
- Virtual backgrounds and lower thirds
- Up to 75 breakout rooms
- 5×5 layout with scrolling to view all participants
- Video upload, white board and annotation
- Smart Meetings – Create highlight reels with crowd-sourced notes, tags and comments
- Closed captioning/transcription
- Participant reactions
- Desktop app, mobile app, browser and room system support
For more information:
- Ontario’s research and education sector gain access to preferred-pricing video conferencing solutions – news release
For more information, please contact our community development team: firstname.lastname@example.org.