ORION is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to empowering Ontario researchers, educators and innovators. We foster a community of more than two million users at more than a hundred universities, colleges, hospitals and research institutions, as well as the majority of Ontario’s school boards. We enable ground-breaking discoveries and cutting-edge education by connecting institutions and regions through our network, facilitating collaboration, and providing our community with the digital tools and expert support they need to make the world a better place.
As pioneers of cybersecurity thought leadership in Canada’s research and education sector, ORION is committed to keeping our digital community safe by helping improve their cybersecurity posture.
As a workplace, ORION has a culture of inclusion, mutual respect, and teamwork. Equity and Diversity are an integral part of our commitment to innovation, connectivity and community. We encourage applicants from women, persons with disabilities*, Indigenous peoples, racialized people, and others who may contribute to the further evolution of our network.
- This position reports directly to the VP of Finance and Operations
Salary and Benefits
- Flexible work-from-home policy
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Career-training and development
- Generous holidays/vacation
- Many other perks
- Provide ad hoc support and analysis, inclusive of strategic findings and recommendations to Finance and Operations organization to drive decision making for the leadership team. Support accounting team in key financial processes (budget, reforecasts, month-end close). Ensure ongoing forecasts incorporate trends and relevant information.
- Prepare analysis and reporting for different target audiences that include both financial and
- Conduct analysis to support product and program development, business decision making and risk mitigation.
- Preparation of externally funded project reporting and variance reports and analysis with a high degree of accuracy and timeliness
- Support procurement process including assessing products, services and suppliers and negotiating contracts.
- Support the maintenance of the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) program.
- Acquire and maintain thorough understanding of the strategies, business issues, risks and profitability opportunities.
- Partner with key stakeholders cross functionally to solve problems, ensure successful financial and operational performance.
- Support in developing and implementing improvements to business processes and tools such as ERP, CRM, etc.
- Support in policy creation and implementation.
- Manage continuously competing priorities while maintaining composure and the highest degree of professionalism.
- Ensure day to day activities are in compliance with ORION policies, applicable law, regulations, and ethical standards.
- At a minimum hold a bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, statistics, economics, business administration or another related field.
- Experience in not for profit is a plus.
- Experience with ERP systems, Salesforce, DocuSign and BoardEffect is a plus.
Knowledge and Skills
- Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Analytical skills.
- Aptitude for math, proficiency with computers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with a high level of efficiency and accuracy with the proven ability to comfortably and professionally engage and collaborate with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams, and other stakeholders.
- Be a great communicator who can break down technical concepts into plain terms (written and verbal) that are well understood by all audiences.
- Motivated to take on new challenges and learn as much as possible.
- Ability to work independently when required but is a team player with a positive attitude that will work as a part of a team to deliver quality results.
- Opportunity to contribute new ideas as we welcome fresh perspectives.
Please apply to email@example.com with subject line: Finance and Operations Analyst
* Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.