ORION is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to empowering Ontario researchers, educators and innovators. We foster a community of 1.7 million users at more than a hundred universities, colleges, hospitals and research institutions, school boards and regional innovation centres across the province. We enable ground-breaking discoveries and cutting-edge education by connecting institutions and regions through our network, facilitating collaboration and providing our community with the digital tools and expert support they need to make the world a better place.
As pioneers of cybersecurity thought leadership in Canada’s research and education sector, ORION is committed to keeping our digital community safe by helping improve their cybersecurity posture.
As a workplace, ORION has a culture of inclusion, mutual respect and teamwork. Equity and diversity are an integral part of our commitment to innovation, connectivity and community. We encourage applicants from women, persons with disabilities*, Indigenous peoples, racialized people and others who may contribute to the further evolution of our network.
- This position reports directly to the Director, Community Development
Salary and Benefits
- Flexible work-from-home policy
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Career-training and development
- Generous holidays/vacation
- Many other perks
- Assist with articulating the technical value of ORION products and services to constituents and government groups.
- Work closely with the ORION engineering team on technical solutions and architectural design needs
- Own and drive technical solution strategy and design.
- Work as the technical partner and liaison with the Project Management team (where applicable) and the ORION engineering organization on all technical deliverables.
- Help to identify opportunities for solutions within constituent base and then assist the ORION Product Team
- Drive competitive winnable deals.
- Interface with clients directly, or indirectly, in the technical sales process.
- Coordinate the flow and priority of technical deliverables within the IT organization
- Listen to constituent needs and provide a technical solution
- Liaise with NetOps or security experts (provide solution, they conform design)
- Help to develop creative strategies to bring value to constituents (ex K-12)
- Accountable owner of RFP responses and solution design
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) or equivalent in Engineering, Computer Science etc.
- At least 10 years of related experience including leading and selling IT services or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- At least 10 years of telecom networking experience.
Knowledge and Skills
- Solid understanding of IP Networking, MPLS, BGP, OSPF, is critical for success.
- Strong learning aptitude, abilities to learn new domain, technology solutions, and managed services concepts and deliver on it.
- Ability to strategize, plan and execute short and long term sales/revenue goals in collaboration with the ORION Community Development Team.
- Experience in dealing directly with constituent, government groups and internal sales organizations.
- Good presentation, communication and negotiation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication, including technical writing skills.
- Analytical skills supporting business case requirements and a sense of structure.
- Teamworking ability
- Must be independent and, self-motivated
- Experience working in the following industries: Government, Education, and Healthcare, Technology/Telecom
Please apply to email@example.com with subject line: ORION Solutions Specialist
* Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.