As Ontario’s backbone of innovation, ORION connects big ideas, big thinkers and big data through an ultra high-speed fibre optic network dedicated to enabling research, education and innovation (RE&I) in Ontario.
ORION provides high-speed connectivity to its connected institutions, linking them to each other and to a global grid of research, education and innovation networks, which enables ongoing learning and collaboration.
- Mandate and Background
- Logo (with tagline or without tagline JPEG)
- Bio of Anne Sado, Chair, ORION Board of Directors (PDF)
- Stories of ORION’s impact
- Press releases
- Areas of expertise / Recent speaking engagements:
- Arctic Broadband Summit – Chief of Staff invited to speak to Arctic topics, including the challenges of connectivity, the government’s role in, and commitment to, broadband development, and private investment opportunities. Read his blog about Summit takeaways.
- BCNET 2016 – CEO participated on the panel, Shaping Canada’s 21st Century National Research and Education Network
- BringITTogether – ORION contributed a session on the value of optimizing cloud-based technology, specifically around opportunities for institutions from the RE&I industry.
- Compute Ontario Research Day – CEO presented during the provincial, high-performance computing event where research experts share and learn about emerging advanced computing work.
- CONNECT 2016 – Director of Business Development participated in “ORION & The Provincial Digital Community: serving communities within communities,” speaking to the importance of intelligent connected communities in Ontario.
- DataCentre Dynamics – Director of Engineering and Network Operations participated on a panel, On Ramps to the Cloud, to discuss connectivity infrastructure to best leverage the cloud.
- EdAppHack – CEO spoke about disruptive edtech and collaboration among Toronto District School Board (TDSB) students in the first-of-its-kind high school hackathon.
- EdAppHack 2.0 – CEO spoke to secondary school students from TDSB about the value of experiential, inquiry-based learning while students presented pitches for their strategic business app designs.
- Intelligent Community Forum, Toronto – CEO spoke as a panelist on the subject of building high-impact metropolitan innovation ecosystems.
- Lambton College Mobile Summit – ORION contributed a session about the value of mobile learning and remote communities, its classroom integration and maximum engagement with students.
- Ontario Libraries Super Conference 2015 – ORION co-presented about digital infrastructure strategies for Ontario, data management and security, and collaboration on the O3 platform.
- York Region Broadband and Innovation Summit 2016 –
CEO moderated a panel discussion about enabling high-speed broadband, actions and measurements of mobilizing connectivity for the economic development of York Region.