Each year, ORION’s network and cloud services help students, educators, researchers and innovators across Ontario achieve great things for both our community and the world. We honour this innovation and dedication annually with the ORION Leadership Awards.
Deadline is April 12, 2019
Winners are announced at the Advance Ontario Conference.
For more details, please click here
What are the ORION Leadership Awards?
The ORION Leadership Awards celebrates outstanding achievement and innovation using the ORION network and cloud services. To read more about previous winners, please see our announcements for the 2018 winners, 2017 winners, 2016 winners, 2015 winners, 2014 winners, 2013 winners and 2012 winners.
Who is eligible?
- Innovators who are part of a connected institution on ORION’s high-speed research and education network
- Individuals or groups who have demonstrated leadership with outcomes that serve to advance Ontario’s research, education and/or innovation landscape
- Individuals or groups who have made a positive impact on their classroom, institution, community, and/or project through an innovative solution
Categories for ORION Leadership Awards:
- Kindergarten – Grade 12 Education
- Higher Education
- Innovation in health, research, technology and other sectors in Ontario
How do I nominate someone or myself?
Complete an online form.
You will be asked to provide the following information:
- Describe how the nominee(s) has demonstrated leadership with outcomes that serve to advance the Ontario research, education and/or innovation landscape by leveraging the ORION network or cloud services
- Summarize the impact of this initiative by including the results, findings, benefits, and/or advancement to research, education or innovation
- Explain why you think the nominee(s) is a leader within their category
Submissions will be judged on the following:
- How well the initiative advanced Ontario research, education and/or innovation landscape under the leadership of the nominee(s)
- How well the initiative leveraged ORION’s network and/or cloud services in an innovative way
- How much of an impact the initiative made
We look forward to reading your submissions and learning how our network and cloud services are being used to make a difference!