ORION Cloud Connect offers cost-effective, high-performance, low-latency connectivity to leading public cloud services.
The increasing pace of innovation continues to drive digital transformation and adoption of public cloud services. ORION Cloud Connect was developed in collaboration with ORION constituents, looking for cost-effective connectivity solutions able to provide more stability than VPN over the public internet.
Simplify your cloud transition
ORION Cloud Connect leverages the power of the ORION network to establish a private point-to-point connection from the cloud data centre directly to your premises. You get dedicated cloud connectivity and multiple cloud platforms, including AWS, Azure and Oracle. All you need to do is set up your account with your cloud service provider, and our support team will work with you to deploy your connection quickly so you can access data reliably, securely and cost-effectively.
Cost-savings and increased flexibility
- Scale bandwidth as you grow, available speeds: 500Mbps, 1Gbps, 5Gbps and 10Gbps.
- Access exclusive rates to connect quickly and cost–effectively by leveraging your existing ORION network connection.
Speed and reliability
- Fast deployment without a new physical connection, ORION Cloud Connect uses a logical connection over your existing ORION connection.
- Dedicated bandwidth with no network congestion for a hassle-free cloud experience.
Enhanced security and vast cloud infrastructure
- Bypass risks of the public internet. Moving from VPN to Cloud Connect strengthens cybersecurity and improves performance predictability to meet your business goals and security commitments.
- Dedicated cloud connectivity and multiple cloud platforms, including AWS, Azure and Oracle.
As an ORION constituent, you can access hassle-free activation, letting you connect quickly and securely with the reliability and performance you’ve come to expect from ORION. Our team is ready to support you from deployment to connection with your cloud service provider.
We assess new tools and solutions, based on direct feedback from the ORION community. Our shared-service model makes these services available to meet the unique needs, values and challenges faced by the Ontario research, education and innovation community.