ORION’s secondary DNS, powered by CIRA Anycast DNS, is an included service offered exclusively to all connected institutions.
CIRA Anycast DNS is a world-class anycast DNS infrastructure with a strong Canadian presence. The service is comprised of two clouds spanning 13 locations worldwide with a European node that peers to six additional Internet Exchange Points (IXP). As a secondary service, organizations are able to improve network performance and redundancy while continuing to manage the primary DNS safe behind a corporate firewall or with the vendor of their choice.
- 24 Anycast servers peered to over 2,300 networks to provide a 100% uptime service level agreement (SLA)
- Two transit providers, two hardware and software stacks and separate management network to keep you online
- DDoS attacks are managed 24×7 by CIRA’s cybersecurity team
- CIRA Anycast DNS is monitored 24 hours a day by CIRA’s networking and DNS experts
- Hourly, daily, and monthly reports by zone let you analyze your DNS traffic