ORION’s secondary DNS, powered by CIRA Anycast DNS, is an included service offered exclusively to all connected institutions.
CIRA Anycast DNS is a world-class anycast DNS infrastructure with a strong Canadian presence. The service is comprised of two clouds spanning 13 locations worldwide with a European node that peers to six additional Internet Exchange Points (IXP). As a secondary service, organizations are able to improve network performance and redundancy while continuing to manage the primary DNS safe behind a corporate firewall or with the vendor of their choice.
- 24 Anycast servers peered to over 2,300 networks to provide a 100% uptime service level agreement (SLA)
- Two transit providers, two hardware and software stacks and separate management network to keep you online
- DDoS attacks are managed 24×7 by CIRA’s cybersecurity team
- CIRA Anycast DNS is monitored 24 hours a day by CIRA’s networking and DNS experts
- Hourly, daily, and monthly reports by zone let you analyze your DNS traffic
For more information
ORION Offers Complimentary Cloud Service from CIRA Anycast DNS News Release
CIRA Anycast DNS Information Sheet CIRA Anycast DNS Explained Information Sheet
Protecting Ontario’s Education System Case Study
If you have questions about ORION cybersecurity services, or how to join the ORION Network, please contact:
Featured Press Release:ORION Offers Complimentary Cloud Service from CIRA Anycast DNS
(Toronto) – Ontario Research and Innovation Optical Network (ORION) is pleased to partner with the Canadian Internet Registry Authority (CIRA) to provide its Anycast DNS solution to ORION’s connected institutions.Read more See all Press Releases