ORION’s cybersecurity commitment
Our long history of providing advanced network solutions has given us the expertise we need to fulfill the digital requirements of Ontario’s innovation community. That commitment extends to ORION’s work in cybersecurity. Keeping our digital community safe is vital to supporting Ontario’s research and education community.
Our community approached us to help support their cybersecurity needs and we have expanded our services to improve our community’s cybersecurity posture.
Together, with Ontario’s research, education and innovation community we can work together to navigate today’s complex technological landscape.
- ORION Community Training connects research, education and innovation institutions to cost-effective certified workshops and professional development in cybersecurity, IT, and business skills.
CIRA D-Zone Anycast DNS
- ORION’s secondary DNS, powered by D-Zone Anycast DNS, is an included service offered exclusively to all connected institutions. D-Zone is a world-class anycast DNS infrastructure with a strong Canadian presence. It provides redundant hardware, software, transit and management for stronger resilience as well as improved DDoS protection with massive over-provisioning and by soaking attacks where they occur.
Cybersecurity Initiatives Program (CIP)
- In collaboration with Canada’s National Research and Education Network (NREN), ORION delivers nationally-coordinated cybersecurity initiatives to eligible organizations. These initiatives strengthen the whole sector with advanced technologies, improved processes, and broadened expertise.
Ontario Cybersecurity Higher Education Consortium (ON-CHEC)
- ON-CHEC provides cost-effective cybersecurity guidance, programs, and services to meet the needs of ORION’s higher education community. We engage with our community to understand their needs as well as enable and support national community cybersecurity programs.
ORION Cybersecurity Awareness Training
- ORION Cybersecurity Awareness Training delivers training and phishing simulations to non-technical end-users, combining ORION’s community focussed cybersecurity approach with CIRA’s software-as-a-service platform. ORION’s Cybersecurity Awareness Training program empowers users to be an essential part of your defence against social engineering, instead of a risk to be managed.
ORION DDoS Threat Protection
- ORION DDoS Threat Protection provides state-of-the-art protection for all connected ORION network constituents, Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm monitoring and detecting attacks in the network itself before they reach your premises.
For pricing or questions about ORION cybersecurity services, or how to join the ORION Network, please contact: